Assault carriers are a relatively new development. These ships carry groups of fighters (usually 4 to 10) through the Void...launching the fighters where they are needed, then taking them back on board to refuel and rearm.
- Hull Points: 75
- Acceleration/Deceleration Factor: 2
- Maneuver Rating: 1
- Damage Control Rating: 150
- Weapons: 2 laser (or xaser) batteries, proton battery, 8 missile batteries, 10 fighters
- Optional Weapons: 10 gravity well-projectiles
- Defenses: reflective hull, 4 masking screens (or x-screens), 10 ICMs
- Hull Sizes: 14 to 17
- Crew Members: 300 to 400
Assault carriers serve as mobile bases for fighter squadrons. A carrier transports fighters to the scene of a battle and launches them, then recovers and re-arms fighters that survive the battle. Due to the large amount of maintenance required by fighters, an assault carrier needs an average of 350 crew members. Most carriers have a complement of 5 to 8 fighters, but the largest can carry 12 or more. Although they are not fast or maneuverable, an assault carrier can make 3 to 12 jumps before needing an engine overhaul (depending on the size of its engines).
Ships of the Line
|Known UPF Ships:||Known Sathar Attack Vessels|
(by code names):