A Medkit, also known as a Medikit, has all the specialized equipment a Medic needs to perform his or her job. It weighs 10 kg and can be carried as a backpack.
A fully-stocked standard Medkit costs 500 credits.
For refills, the following items cost 5 credits each: Antibody Plus, Antitox, Stimdosep, Staydose, Local Anesthetic and Omnimycin.
Biocort and Telol refills cost 10 credits each.
A standard medkit contains the following:
- Acid neutralizer — 1 bottle of liquid to neutralize acids
- Antiseptic* — 5 cans of spray to clean and disinfect a skin area
- Autosurgeon — a special device that allows a medic to operate on himself
- Electrosurgeon — a small machine that keeps wounds open and controls bleeding during surgery
- Laser scalpel — used to make deep incisions
- Medscanner — an electrical instrument used to diagnose ailments
- Microforceps — adjustable, used to remove shrapnel and bullet fragments from wounds
- Plastiflesh* — 5 cans of spray that closes wounds and heals burns
- Sonic scalpel — tool for cutting plastic, metal or flesh; makes a smooth, bloodless incision up to 5 mm deep
- Spray Hypo* — syringe used to give shots without a needle
- Antibody Plus — 10 hypo doses that increase the body's ability to recover from diseases
- Antitox — 10 hypo doses to neutralize poisons
- Biocort — 20 hypo doses to stimulate very fast healing
- Telol — 10 hypo doses of truth serum
- Stimdose* — 10 hypo doses to revive unconscious individuals
- Staydose* — 10 hypo doses to sustain a dying person for 20 hours
- Local Anesthetic — 10 hypo doses to relieve pain
- Omnimycin — 10 hypo doses to control infections
- Healing and Medical Kits (Optional House Rule)
Notes & References[edit | edit source]
- Source: Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn Expanded Rulebook
- Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn Basic Rulebook pp. 8