Military PSA (primary skill area) are the skills and training needed for military and security personnel. These skills include the use of weaponry and setting and removing demolitions charges.
This is an easy PSA to to advance in, as it is the least complicated. It is also easy to acquire, as megacorps offer this training to their security personnel, and is required for most military personnel in the UPF, or militia groups.
Since each class of weapon handles differently, skill areas areas are divided into the following:
- Beam Weapons (½ DEX + 10 per level)
This skill applies to electrostunners, heavy lasers, laser pistols, laser rifles, sonic devastators, sonic disruptors and sonic stunners. It is also used for Proton Weapons, Maser Weapons, and Bolt Weapons.
- Gyrojet Weapons (½ DEX + 10 per level)
This skill applies to gyrojet pistols, gyrojet rifles, grenade rifles, grenade mortars, rocket launchers, and Personal Missile Weapons, like Missiliers and Poppers.
- Melee Weapons (½ DEX or STR + 10 per level)
This skill applies to axes, brass knuckles, chains, clubs, swords, knives, sonic swords & knives, vibroknives, nightsticks, polearms, spears, whips, and shock gloves, stunsticks, and electric swords.
- Projectile Weapons (½ DEX + 10 per level)
This skill applies to automatic pistols and rifles, bows, muskets, needler pistols and rifles, machine guns and recoilless rifles.
- Thrown Weapons (½ DEX + 10 per level)
This skill applies to all grenades and thrown axes, knives, and spears.
This skill applies to explosives like Tornadium D-19 (aka Kaboomite), and TD-20. Only someone with demolitions skill and a clean criminal record can legally buy or use explosives or detonators. This skill has two sub-skills:
- Set charge (30% + 10% level) to explode.
- Defuse charge (50% + 10% per defuser's level - 10% per setter's level) of a live explosive.
- Martial Arts (½ DEX or STR + 10 per level)
This skill makes one a better fighter in melee. A martial artist has the following sub-skills (they are counted as part of the Martial Arts skill):
- Tumbling reduces damage from falling (-1 point of damage per skill level). Defensive throwing lets the fighter inflict damage when breaking out of a hold, and to knock the opponent down (damage equal to his punching score).
- Nerve combat increases the character's chance to knock out his opponent (+1% per skill level). The opponent must be one of the four major races.
Pay Grades Edit
|Daily Pay by Skill Level||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Martial Artist (unarmed)||40||50||60||70||80||90|
|Space Marine (beam)||40||50||60||70||80||90|
|Star Soldier (gyrojet)||30||40||50||60||70||80|
|Experience Point Costs|
Note: Daily pay is based on one's highest skill level. Each additional skill would only yield 10 credits per skill level. For example, a level 3 Roboticist/level 2 Sharpshooter/level 1 Medic would be paid 110 Cr/day (80+20+10=110). Wages may be adjusted for hazard/combat pay bonuses, scarcity of talent, royalties, healthcare, or any other negotiated pay settlement.
Notes & ReferencesEdit
- Cited from Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn Expanded Game Rules
- ↑ These last three weapon types are introduced in Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space.
- ↑ Introduced in Zebulon's Guide to Frontier Space.
- ↑ The Rim races consider Ifshnit, Humma, and Osakar the "major races" for this purpose. Additional races may be added at a cost of 1 xp per race added; races added this way must have a functinal nervous system and relatively consistent anatomy (so Mechanons and Robots cannot be considered a race for purposes of this skill.